Regarding Hours and Conditions of Play
Unless otherwise stated, members may commence play from 8.00am. The lowest marker is the Captain of each match and is responsible for rules and etiquette. Please avoid slow play.
Handicap for Competition
Players are responsible for the correctness of their own handicaps. In knockout competition, players will play off the handicap as shown on GOLF Link at date of play of each round.
A protest in connection with any competition or match shall be made to the Captain/Match Committee immediately upon completion of such competition or match.
Know the Rules of Golf
Rule books are obtainable from the Manager.
Important – Score Cards
Please see that ALL Competition Cards are completed and returned immediately on completion of round. Incomplete, unsigned or incorrect cards will results in disqualification.
- Players not on Tee at starting time will play as directed by the starter.
- Time sheets are provided for booking of times.
- Members are requested to Watch and Read the Notice Board, including local rules.
- Players are expected to report to starter 15 minutes before hit-off time.
All handicap records shall be examined at the beginning of a year with effect from January 1, at which time all scores more than a year old shall be disregarded as being no longer valid. For a player to retain an Australian handicap he should have at that time at least 5 live scores.
A player’s Australian handicap shall lapse until such time as he shall bring the number of his live scores up to the appropriate figure.
No more than two golf balls may be played on the Course by any player during a practice round.
Out of Bounds
Any place beyond the Club’s boundary fences where erected and beyond the lines of the white stakes with black tops is Out of Bounds.
Immovable Obstructions Defined
- Blue Markers – indicating 150 metre distance – Rule 24-2b(1)
- Red Pegs – defining lateral Water Hazards – Rule 24-2b(1)
- Yellow Pegs – defining Water Hazards – Rule 24-2b(1)
- Advertising Signs – Rule 24-2b(1)
- Fixed Sprinkler Heads – all fixed sprinkler heads are immovable obstructions and relief from interference by them can be obtained under Rule 24-2. In addition, if such an obstruction on or within 2 club lengths of the putting green of the hole being played intervenes with the line of play between the ball and the hole the player may obtain relief with out penalty as follows:
If the ball lies off the putting green but not in a hazard and is with in 2 club lengths of the intervening obstruction, it may be lifted, cleaned and dropped at the nearest point to where the ball lay which a) is no nearer to the hole b) avoids such intervention and c) is not in a hazard of on the putting green.
Trees & Shrubs
If a staked or guarded tree or shrub interferes with a players stance or area of intended swing the player MUST take relief as provided under Rule 24-2b(1).
Except in a hazard, hoof marks and wheel marks made by a mower, tractor or motor vehicle are Ground Under Repair (GUR). Rule 25 applies.
Overhead Power Lines
If a ball strikes the overhead power wires on the 2nd, 8th or 10th holes, the player MUST replay the stroke in accordance with Rule 20-5 without Penalty.
Breach of Rules
- Stroke Play: 2 strokes
- Match Play: Loss of hole